SysML & MBSE Training
Intercax is an experienced provider of comprehensive training programs for professionals wanting to learn the latest about model-based engineering (MBE) in general and model-based systems engineering in particular (MBSE). Over 5000 professionals including system engineers, technical managers, group leaders, and domain experts have attended our on-site training programs, offered in collaboration with the Georgia Institute of Technology, since Aug 2008.
The instructors are subject matter experts who have been involved in the development of the OMG SysML standard since the beginning, co-authored the OCSMP certification program, served as leaders in multiple INCOSE and OMG initiatives, and conducted leading-edge R&D to develop advanced software applications for SysML and MBE / MBSE.
Self-Paced Video SysML Training for MBE/MBSE
Intercax is offering, through its partner Systems Strategies & Analysis Inc., an introductory self-paced video course for learning the OMG SysML modeling language for Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE). It uses a combination of lectures, student tutorial exercises and quizzes presented through a state-of-the-art on-line learning management system. Go to ssa-inc.com/training to learn more.
- to introduce new users to SysML language terminology and notation
- to introduce the concepts of MBE and how MBE, MBSE and SysML may be deployed as part of the overall system development and engineering process
Course Content – the program is divided into 10 parts
- Part 1 – Introduction
- Part 2 – Blocks and Block Definition Diagrams
- Part 3 – Starting a Model – Packages and Use Cases
- Part 4 – Requirements and Sequence Diagrams
- Part 5 – Analysis – Parametric Diagrams
- Part 6 – Activities and Activity Diagrams
- Part 7 – Internal Block Diagrams
- Part 8 – State Machines and Advanced Interactions
- Part 9 – Interoperability
- Part 10 – Deploying MBSE and Model Review
Each module is designed to take 2-4 hours to complete, but the student sets the pace. . The video modules for Part 1 are available for customer evaluation on request.
For each part, we provide
- A video lecture
- A digital copy of the lecture slides
For most parts, we also provide
- Starter models for the hands-on exercises
- Final models for the hands-on exercises
- Video demonstrations for the hands-on exercises
- Digital files of step-by-step exercise instructions
For each module, we also provide an on-line quiz to test the student’s mastery of the material. Immediate scoring is available.
OCSMP Certification Exams
This class is not specifically designed as preparation for the OMG Certified System Modeling Professional (OCSMP) examinations, but the course material corresponds very closely with the coverage maps for Levels 1 and 2 certifications and would be a useful part of exam preparation.
Computer and Software Resources Required
Student is responsible for obtaining licenses (may be temporary) of MagicDraw with SysML and ParaMagic plug-ins for the hands-on tutorial exercises.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for training to jumpstart your SysML and MBE/MBSE experience.