SysML & MBSE Training
Intercax, in collaboration with the Georgia Institute of Technology, is an experienced provider of comprehensive training programs for professionals wanting to learn the latest about model-based engineering (MBE) in general and model-based systems engineering in particular (MBSE). Over 4500 professionals including system engineers, technical managers, group leaders, and domain experts have attended our training programs since Aug 2008.
The courses are offered in self-paced, online and on-site formats. See also the Georgia-Tech-sponsored off-site open enrollment classes.
The instructors are subject matter experts who have been involved in the development of the OMG SysML standard since the beginning, co-authored the OCSMP certification program, served as leaders in multiple INCOSE and OMG initiatives, and conducted leading-edge R&D to develop advanced software applications for SysML and MBE / MBSE.
Self-Paced Video SysML Training for MBE/MBSE
Intercax is offering an introductory self-paced video course for learning the OMG SysML modeling language for Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE). It uses a combination of lectures, student tutorial exercises and on-line quizzes.
- to introduce new users to SysML language terminology and notation
- to introduce the concepts of MBE and how MBE, MBSE and SysML may be deployed as part of the overall system development and engineering process
Course Content – the program is divided into 10 parts
- Part 1 – Introduction
- Part 2 – Blocks and Block Definition Diagrams
- Part 3 – Starting a Model – Packages and Use Cases
- Part 4 – Requirements and Sequence Diagrams
- Part 5 – Analysis – Parametric Diagrams
- Part 6 – Activities and Activity Diagrams
- Part 7 – Internal Block Diagrams
- Part 8 – State Machines and Advanced Interactions
- Part 9 – Interoperability
- Part 10 – Deploying MBSE and Model Review
Each module is designed to take 2-4 hours to complete, but the student sets the pace. . The video modules for Part 1 are available for customer evaluation on request.
For each part, we provide
- A video lecture
- A digital copy of the lecture slides
For most parts, we also provide
- Starter models for the hands-on exercises
- Final models for the hands-on exercises
- Video demonstrations for the hands-on exercises
- Digital files of step-by-step exercise instructions
For each module, we also provide an on-line quiz to test the student’s mastery of the material. Immediate scoring is available.
OCSMP Certification Exams
This class is not specifically designed as preparation for the OMG Certified System Modeling Professional (OCSMP) examinations, but the course material corresponds very closely with the coverage maps for Levels 1 and 2 certifications and would be a useful part of exam preparation.
Computer and Software Resources Required
Student is responsible for obtaining licenses (may be temporary) of MagicDraw with SysML and ParaMagic plug-ins for the hands-on tutorial exercises. Intercax will facilitate in obtaining trial licenses of the software. Student will also need video playback software for MPEG4 files and a web connection for the on-line quizzes.
Videos and other course materials are copyrighted and solely for use by the designated student and may not be distributed or placed on-line for general availability. The student may have use of the course materials indefinitely, but the on-line quizzes may not be available for longer than six months from course purchase.
Please contact email@example.com for training to jumpstart your SysML and MBE/MBSE experience. The video modules for Part 1 are available for customer evaluation on request.
On-Line SysML Training for MBE/MBSE
This option provides all the material included in the Self-Paced Video SysML Training package described above, but supplemented with live lectures provided in a remote format by Intercax instructors. Students would have the ability to ask questions and review their modeling exercises.
The lecture periods are typically five 2-hour periods, one per week, at times to be agreed. Class size limits are 5 persons minimum, 12 persons maximum.
SysML 101 : Essentials for Understanding SysML Models
SysML 101 covers all nine SysML diagram types in a quick and easy-to-learn format. A consistent system modeling example is presented throughout the course to better learn how SysML concepts and diagrams work together. We cover these concepts in a tool-independent manner with a focus on how to interpret SysML models.
Duration – 1 day
- Learn about the value of SysML for MBE/MBSE
- Recognize the various types of SysML diagrams and understand their fundamental constructs
- Apply this knowledge in your day-to-day work
- Describe how SysML fits with related MBE/MBSE technologies (CAD/E/M, PLM, DoDAF/UPDM, UML)
- Describe how SysML supports systems engineering processes, and what you can do with a SysML model
- Discover the benefits and costs of a SysML-based MBE/MBSE approach
- Create a plan to deploy SysML technology in your organization
SysML 201 : Hands-On Essentials for Creating SysML Models
SysML 201 is a hands-on course where participants learn to implement SysML concepts using a representative tool. These skills are reinforced by doing useful things with your SysML models—not just building them for the sake of documentation. For example, exercises include (i) employing SysML parametrics to perform calculations on system properties, verify requirements, and run trade studies, and (ii) utilizing SysML activities to operate a mobile robot during a team-based competition. Participants work through structured tutorial modules in class to jumpstart and expand their SysML model creation know-how.
Duration – 2.5 days
- This program covers the OMG Certified Systems Modeling Professional (OCSMP) certification.
- Create models in a SysML tool that include the diagrams and constructs learned in SysML 101
- Develop SysML activity models that are executable (e.g., to operate a system)
- Construct SysML models that contain calculations and execute parametric simulations
- Verify system requirements (e.g., based on simulation results)
- Auto-generate traceability matrices
- Perform trade studies
- Generate documents automatically from system models
- Collaboratively develop SysML models using a configuration management environment
- Learn the benefits of implementing SysML in a modeling environment versus a drawing tool
Customized Training for your Organization
Intercax can develop SysML and MBSE training programs especially tailored for your organization. These training programs are an essential first step towards transitioning your organization / group to model-based systems engineering.
Training for Intercax Software Tools
Intercax provides extensive training materials for all our software tools. For Syndeia licensees, a modularized self-paced training package with video demonstrations and hands-on tutorials is available. Parametric solvers (ParaMagic, Melody, Solvea and ParaSolver) come with extensive hands-on tutorials.
Read testimonials from past attendees.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for course information.