What is Syndeia?
Syndeia is a software platform for integrated model-based engineering (MBE/MBSE). It enables engineering teams to collaboratively develop and manage the Total System Model (TSM) of a complex system (or project) by combining the system architecture model (SysML) with models in a variety of enterprise repositories and tools, such as PLM (e.g. Teamcenter, Windchill), CAD (e.g. NX, Creo), ALM (e.g. GitHub), Project Management (e.g. JIRA), Requirements Management (e.g. DOORS-NG), Simulations (e.g. Mathematica and MATLAB/Simulink), Databases (e.g. MySQL), and other data sources (e.g. Excel).
The Total System Model graph is the digital blueprint of a system that evolves through the lifecycle. It is aware of the versions of connected models in various configuration management systems (e.g. PLM, ALM, Requirements Management). Syndeia provides model transformation services to build the Total System Model graph, such as drag-n-drop requirements from DOORS-NG to SysML, generate Simulink models and PLM part structures from SysML models, connect behavior elements in SysML to software code in GitHub, or track the development status of a sub-system in JIRA directly from SysML. Syndeia provides services to search, compare, and bi-directionally synchronize connected models in the Total System Model graph, such as compare and sync changes in system architecture to PLM part structure, or compare connected SysML and Simulink models, or sync changes in DOORS-NG requirements to SysML.Top
Syndeia 3.0 brings powerful new capabilities for model-based engineering, such as below.
(1) DOORS-NG (OSLC) – Connect to DOORS-NG repositories and view details, such as requirements, collections, modules, and links. Drag-n-drop DOORS-NG requirements to SysML and allocate to structural and functional elements of your system architecture. Alternatively, drag-n-drop requirements from SysML to DOORS-NG. Requirements in SysML and DOORS-NG are connected and can be compared and synchronized bi-directionally. Syndeia leverages OSLC services provided by DOORS-NG for this capability.
(2) JIRA – Connect to your JIRA repositories on cloud (or premises) and view details, such as projects and issues. Connect SysML architectural elements to existing JIRA issues, or initialize a JIRA project with an issue structure based on the SysML requirement, structural, or functional model. Track the development of your system in JIRA, directly from SysML. The Syndeia Dashboard shows project analytics, such as number of open issues, or number of issues by severity, assignee or reporter. Alternatively, drag-n-drop JIRA issues to SysML and allocate to specific architectural elements. Track updates in JIRA and sync bi-directionally.
(3) GitHub – Connect to your GitHub account and view all public and organization repositories, branches, tags, commits, and more. Connect software sub-systems in the SysML architecture model to software code managed in GitHub. Syndeia connections make it possible to automatically check if new commits or files are available, and synchronize.
(4) Total System Model graph visualization – Launch powerful, dynamic, and interactive visualizations of the Total System Model graph directly from the SysML model. View all the inter-model connections for a given project using a Circle Chord diagram. View connection analytics and filter connections by repository, model, or connection type.
Alternatively, start with a single element (SysML or non-SysML, e.g. DOORS-NG requirement or Teamcenter item), and explore its neighbors in a recursive manner. View inter-model (SysML – DOORS-NG, Teamcenter, JIRA) and intra-model connections (e.g. dependency relations in SysML).
(5) Improvements – Syndeia 3.0 also has significant improvements to existing features related to PLM (Teamcenter and Windchill), CAD (NX and Creo), simulation (MATLAB/Simulink), and data (MySQL, Excel).
Syndeia 3.0 Features
Syndeia 3.0 is packed with 100+ features. Download the complete feature table.Top
- Syndeia in 3 mins
- Story of Sam – Syndeia for developing a configurable UAV, as demonstrated at the INCOSE IW 2015
- Syndeia plugins for MagicDraw and Rhapsody
Download and Get Started
We are excited to help you get started with Syndeia. Take your first steps towards truly integrated model-based engineering.
- Schedule an online demo of Syndeia for your organization by emailing info @ [ intercax dot com ]
- Watch the Syndeia demonstrations (listed above).
- Download the Syndeia plugins for MagicDraw or Rhapsody. Follow step-by-step tutorials.
- Email us to subscribe to our newsletter and stay tuned to new releases and features.