Intercax Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is located in Pune (India) and is a subsidiary of Intercax LLC based in Atlanta, USA. Intercax is a pioneer and global innovator in model-based systems engineering (MBSE/MBE). Our flagship product Syndeia integrates models in multiple engineering disciplines—systems, mechanical, electrical, software, manufacturing, and operations—to build an open and smart digital thread. Our products are used by customers in various industrial sectors, such as aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, energy, IoT and healthcare. We are a fast-moving, high-performing, close-knit, and geographically-distributed team of software developers and application engineers.
This is a fully remote position open to candidates anywhere in India. Candidates must be self-driven, disciplined, professional, and be able to manage their time and tasks. Daily interaction with other team members will be via voice and video conferencing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be an Application Engineer at Intercax India with the following responsibilities:
- Build demonstration and test models for Syndeia in different engineering tools, such as:
- SysML/UML modeling tools, e.g. MagicDraw, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, Integrity Modeler
- Requirements management tools, e.g. Jama, DOORS-NG, Teamcenter requirements
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools, e.g. Teamcenter, Windchill, Aras
- Computer-aided design (CAD) tools, e.g. NX, Creo, Solidworks
- Simulation tools, e.g. Mathematica, MATLAB, OpenModelica, Stateflow
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, e.g. GitHub, JIRA
- Data science and analytics tools, e.g. Jupyter Notebook
- Provide technical support to our customers via our help desk during regular India office hours. This includes:
- Reviewing and reproducing customer issues
- Providing solutions to reported issues via our helpdesk
- Working with the software development team for detailed analyses of issues
- Following-up with customers on a regular basis and closing issues in a timely manner
- Generate reports on helpdesk queues and present at our Scrum meetings.
- Work closely with the software development team to provide test models and challenge scenarios, test latest builds, and provide constant feedback on improving the usability and quality of the products.
- Develop whitepapers, blogs, and presentations showcasing your demonstration models using Syndeia. Publish on our company blog site, present directly to customers in-person or via web conferences, and at international conferences and workshops.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors (BTech / BE) or Masters (MTech / ME) degree in engineering such as mechanical engineering, electronics/electrical engineering, robotics, manufacturing, industrial engineering from a reputed engineering college, such as IITs, NITs, or top-ranked state universities and colleges.
- 3-5 years of experience in engineering tools related to SysML, PLM, ALM, CAD, Simulation, Requirements management. You should have worked with at least 3 tools (or equivalent) listed in the previous section.
- 2-3 years of experience working directly with customers and delivering project work, such as software,engineering models, reports and whitepapers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Provide examples of conference papers, presentations, blogs, and other articles that you have authored.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills that can take on the toughest challenges on the planet. Aptitude and eagerness to learn new technologies and improve skill sets.
- An attitude to genuinely help people, to work patiently with them, and be their superhero.
Fast-paced, Flexible, Learning, and Customer-Focused Environment
- Opportunity to work with leading organizations in aerospace, automotive, transportation, healthcare, IoT, and other domains across the world.
- Fully remote opportunity. Focus your creative energies on work rather than commute.
- Fast-paced environment with a global team of experts to help you learn new technologies.
- Opportunity to work at regular working hours (IST) for work-life balance.
- Opportunities to travel to conferences/events to present your work, meet customers, and represent the company. This is subject to restoration of normalcy after the current pandemic ends.
- We are only inviting applicants who are available to join immediately (within 1-2 weeks after selection).
- To apply, email your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Application Engineer at Intercax India – <Your Name>”, e.g. Application Engineer at Intercax India – John Doe. Include the following as attachments:
- Detailed CV / resume highlighting your qualifications and skills specific to this role. Provide specific details on your role in past projects and not lengthy descriptions of the product or team you were working with. Provide full name, location, and website of your university/college. Spelling and grammatical errors will disqualify you.
- Conference papers, whitepapers, articles, blog posts, awards, certificates, or any other artifacts that demonstrate your qualifications and skills specific to this role.
- If your profile is shortlisted, you will hear from us within 2-3 business days to schedule an interview.