About the job
Intercax’s mission is to innovate software that fundamentally advances computer-based modeling, integration, and analyses of complex systems. Our technology is helping transition the industry from disconnected engineering silos to an integrated model-based engineering environment backed by enterprise-scale and secure digital threads. From spacecraft and avionics to automotive, energy, healthcare, and manufacturing, our digital thread technology is paving the future of digital engineering.
Intercax is opening a new position – Digital Thread Applications Engineer – with the following specifics.
(1) Candidate must be a US citizen or US Permanent Resident
(2) Fully remote, work anywhere in the US, occasional travel to user meetings and conferences
Roles and Responsibilities
(1) Build and demonstrate live digital threads in multiple industry domains – aerospace, automotive, energy, biomedical/healthcare, marine, mechatronics, manufacturing, and cybersecurity.
(2) Integrate data/models from multiple disciplines, such as below, to build real and live digital threads.
- SysML/UAF/UML modeling tools, including SysML v2
- Requirements management tools
- Hardware design and development, such as PLM, CAD/CAE systems
- Software design and development, such as ALM, Software Version Control, and IDE systems
- Analysis and Simulation environments
- Verification and Test management systems
- Real-time Data Streams and Databases
- Data Science and Notebook platforms
(3) Demonstrate digital thread methodologies and applications to end-users
(4) Provide technical support via our helpdesk, and gather end-user stories and challenges to help improve our products.
(5) Work closely with our software architecture and development team to provide test models and challenge scenarios, test the latest builds, and provide feedback on improving the usability and quality of our products.
(6) Develop whitepapers, blogs, and presentations showcasing live digital threads in multiple industry verticals. Publish on our company blog site, present directly to customers in-person or via web conferences, and at international conferences and workshops.
Qualifications and Skills
(1) Bachelors (BS/BE/BTech) or Masters (MS/ME/MTech) degree in engineering such as mechanical engineering, electronics/electrical engineering, computer engineering, robotics, manufacturing, or industrial engineering from a reputed university.
(2) 3-5 years of experience building and executing models in engineering tools related to Systems Modeling, PLM, CAD/CAE, Simulation, Verification/Test, Software Development, or Requirements management. Candidates must have an experience in at least three (3) areas listed above.
(3) 2-3 years of experience working directly with customers and delivering project work, such as software, engineering models, reports, and whitepapers.
(4) Excellent written and oral communication skills. Provide examples of conference papers, presentations, blogs, and other articles you have authored.
(5) Excellent problem-solving and analytical thinking skills that can take on the toughest challenges and carve solutions. An aptitude and eagerness to learn new technologies and improve skill sets are essential for this position.
(6) An attitude to genuinely help people, to work patiently with them, and be their superhero.
Team and Opportunity
(1) Opportunity to work with leading global organizations in aerospace, automotive, transportation, healthcare, manufacturing, electronics, and other verticals.
(2) Fully remote. Focus your creative energies on work rather than commuting.
(3) Fast-paced environment with a global team of experts to help you learn new technologies.
(4) Excellent compensation package.
(5) Regular working hours (US ET) for work-life balance.
(6) Opportunities to travel to conferences/events to present your work, meet customers, and represent the company.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the following details.
(1) The subject of the email should be in the following format “Digital Thread Applications Engineer – <Your Full Name>”, e.g. Digital Thread Applications Engineer – Jane Doe.
(2) The body of the email should contain a short paragraph (<10 lines) stating why you are a great fit for this position
(3) Don’t forget to attach your resume/CV as a PDF.
(4) Include links to conference presentations/papers, technical articles, blog posts, or Git repositories in your resume showcasing your applications engineering expertise.
To learn more about Intercax and Syndeia, our digital thread platform for model-based engineering, visit:
(3) Blog – https://intercax.com/blog
(4) YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/@Intercax