Scala / Java Product Development (Software) Engineer
Digital thread services and APIs for next-generation systems, from rockets to electric vehicles, energy grids to healthcare
Intercax Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Intercax LLC based in Atlanta, USA. Intercax is a pioneer and global innovator in model-based and digital engineering. Our flagship product Syndeia is a digital thread platform integrating data in multiple engineering disciplines—systems, mechanical, electrical, software, manufacturing, and operations—to build an open and smart digital thread. Our products are used by customers in multiple industry verticals, such as aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, energy, IoT and healthcare. Digital thread is a key ingredient of the digital transformation initiatives underway at major engineering companies across the world. We are a fast-moving, high-performing, close-knit, and geographically distributed product company. Learn more at www.intercax.com.
This is a fully remote position open to candidates anywhere in India. Candidates must be self-driven, disciplined, professional, and be able to manage their time and tasks. Daily interaction with other team members be via audio/video conferencing.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be a Product Development (Software) Engineer working on our digital thread platform, Syndeia. You will be working together with a team of highly qualified software architects and engineers at Intercax. Specifically, your role will include the following:
- End-to-end design, development, and testing software code for microservices, including API, application layer, data layer, tests, and CI/CD pipeline for automation.
- Integrate your services with other engineering applications and data/model repositories.
- Learn and contribute to the overall application architecture.
- Research next-generation data technologies to strengthen the platform
- Test, build, and deploy your code on our cloud servers.
- Wow the team with new capabilities at demos.
- Work with Intercax customers world-wide to investigate and resolve issues.
- Present your work at international conferences and events.
- Bachelors or Masters degree with a major in engineering/science, such as computer science/engineering, systems engineering, robotics, manufacturing, mechanical engineering, electronics/electrical engineering, industrial engineering, from a reputable engineering college/university.
- 3+ years of experience in database programming with at least one database technology – relational, graphs, columnar, document – including consuming REST/HTTP APIs using any programming language.
- 2+ years of experience building and consuming REST APIs using a web-application framework, such as Play, Spring boot.
- Experience with the following technologies will be an added bonus:
- Microservices design and development
- Authentication protocols (e.g. OAuth, SAML)
- OSS technologies and libraries for data science and AI
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and time management skills; ability to work in a fast-paced, delivery-oriented, and geographically distributed team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you love programming and building software and have built an application from scratch, we would love to hear about it. Please share the GitHub repo or include relevant material in your job application.
Fast-paced, Flexible, Learning, and Customer-Focused Environment
- Work with top-tier customers across the world in aerospace, automotive, transportation, healthcare, IoT, and other domains.
- Joining bonus and competitive pay package.
- Work on cutting-edge web technologies and build your skills. Caution: You may learn more in a month than you may have in a year ?
- Fully remote opportunity. Focus your creative energies on work rather than commute.
- Spend time learning and building robust applications, and not in meetings.
- Fast-paced environment with a global team of experts to help you learn new technologies.
- Opportunity to work at regular working hours (IST) for work-life balance.
- Opportunities to represent the company at international conferences/workshops and demonstrate products
To Apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following additional details (if any). We will response within 2-3 business days to schedule and interview if you are selected.
- List/URLs of websites/web-apps you have designed, and
- Links to any open-source projects (e.g. on GitHub) that you have contributed to.